We listened and learned from all the feedback provided and have created a remote learning program we are proud to say is innovative, follows best practices, and rooted in relationships and community. We followed our four guiding principles in all that we planned ,
This year we must;
- Promote Connection
- Preserve Community
- Protect Learning
- Transform Systemic Inequity
Some of the improvements to our online program are
- More advocates for students - our ratio is not 1:9 giving more support and mentorship with our trained personnel.
- Opportunities for Synchronous learning without feeling tethered to a chrome book all day.
- More structured online schedule to help with student organization and time management
- Home visit/ outdoor Meet ups to ensure students get academic or social emotional support in person frequently.
- Organized Google Classroom norms so assignments, due dates, and schedules are easy to follow for our students and families.
- More celebrations and award ceremonies to show off the hard work our students are doing.
- Virtual clubs and Assemblies
- Collaborative partnership with Trillium Family Services for increased mental health support
- Keeping the Hexter structure to allow for rapid Credit attainment.
- Really interesting classes like Law & Logic (formerly Street Law), Science Fiction Literature, Music Production and Yoga !
Please check out our Operational Blueprint Template.