The mission of Open School is to develop connection, capability, and confidence in disconnected youth through relationship-based, quality learning experiences that result in their academic, personal, and community success. Over 80% of our students are youth of color, low income and from marginalized communities. We encourage you to explore our website at www.openschoolnw.org.
Apply on Indeed : https://www.indeed.com/job/associate-principal-5b3a0463fb2cd2d1
At Open School we recognize that there is an historic and persistent achievement gap between white students and students from marginalized communities; closing that achievement gap while raising the achievement of all students is a top priority of our organization. Race, Identity, ability and who one chooses to love must cease to be reliable predictors of students’ achievement and success. In order to achieve this goal, we are committed to deepening equity at every level of our organization including and not limited to staff, students, and leadership.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, marital status, national and ethnic origin, political affiliation, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status in accordance with the requirements of local, state, and federal law.
Open School believes that each staff member makes a significant contribution to its success. That contribution should not be limited by the assigned responsibilities outlined below. This position description is designed to outline primary duties, qualifications and job conditions, but not limit the staff person nor the organization to just the work identified. It is our expectation that each staff member will offer his/her services and ideas wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of our endeavors.
Teaching & Learning
Planning & Operations
SPECIFIC JOB SKILLS:
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, QUALIFICATIONS:
Must successfully pass Oregon Department of Education fingerprint-based criminal history verification background check. Background checks are provided through Open School and Portland Public Schools partnership at no cost to employee.
Must attend Open School training and professional development workshops and activities. Must be able to position yourself as a learner and be willing to work with youth from a strength-based approach.
Must have a valid current driver’s license. First Aid/CPR certified preferred and can be provided by Open School.
Cultural Competence and Commitment to Equity:
· Demonstrate Open School’s commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion in all job duties.
· Utilize OPEN’s Equity lens in decision-making
· Be aware of and have a willingness to embrace the cultural orientation of the populations we serve.
· Commit to examine own cultural biases and personal work necessary to reduce or eliminate biases
· Develop and maintain mutually respectful relationships.
· Engage in and model participation in Open School’s equity professional development programs.
Pay: Between $60.000-$70,000
· Paid time off (PTO) days
· Paid school breaks during the winter (December-Jan) and spring (March)
· 11 paid holidays (if working 26 pay-cycles)
· Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, and Group Life Insurance plan
· Eligibility to participate in Open School’s Voluntary Life Insurance Plan
· Eligibility for Open School’s 403(b) retirement plan
· Eligibility for Open School’s health care plan (medical & dental)
· Eligibility to participate in a Flex Spending Account (FSA)
· Extensive professional development and training
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, individuals seeking employment at Open School are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.